STUCK ON YOU!
GOD will never leave you! It is loud and clear in HIS word. It is one of HIS promises.
Deuteronomy 31:6 tells us to be strong and courageous. Do not fear, for the LORD GOD goes with you. HE will NOT LEAVE you or forsake you.
I have felt at times a lack of connection to GOD, if you will. My daughter once said to me a similar thing, that she does not always feel GOD strongly. The world often tries to separate us from GOD but it just will NOT happen. It is a promise from GOD that HE will not leave us.
Let’s face it; people leave us. We do something to piss someone off, they leave. A boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife cheats on another – the relationship is damaged and sometimes one will leave. We grow up where a parent is bogged down with a drug problem, or mental illness or a multitude of things; and they either leave physically or are just not attached emotionally……… the world calls this abandonment. BUT it does not matter cause even though your experience tells you that people leave…. GOD never leaves you.
We lose loved ones through death, some expected and some not….. But GOD does not leave you.
GOD sent JESUS so that we are assured that even sin and death do not separate us from HIM. Once again, HE does not leave us.
So, when we are told that GOD WILL NEVER LEAVE OR FORSAKE US…. He really means business.
Satan is there to make you “feel” or “think falsely” that GOD is not in a situation. And frankly the closer you get to GOD, the stronger the evil one works to try and make you “feel” that GOD is not near.
What do you do? What does one do when this is occurring in our lives? (And I am pretty sure that we all suffer this at different junctures of our walk.)
1. First thing I do is exclaim:
“I am a child of GOD, the most high and nothing WILL or CAN ever separate me from my FATHER” Satan get thee behind me, I walk on you with my righteous foot and stamp you down where you belong” In JESUS name, leave me.”
2. Read – Read the bible; read a daily meditation; sign up to get a meditation on your smart phone, computer or tablet. This act not only keeps the WORD in your head but it becomes ammo as well against any attack.
3. Pray – This is a BIG one! No elaborate words needed here. Just do it. Just pray what is in your head and your heart and ask GOD to assist you. Remember, he WILL never leave you.
4. Ask for Prayer – Believers shall uphold each other. GOD tells us to love each other. There is strength in numbers. This is evident in Mathew 18:20.
5. Pray for someone else – Nothing like getting those “feelings” and negative thoughts and refocus them on someone else. Bonus: You are loving and helping another.
GOD promises us so many times throughout the BIBLE, new and Old Testament that HE will not leave us. From the beginning to the end. Read it, you will see. In John 6:37 there is a beautiful line that says it all:
“whoever comes to me, I will never cast out.”
AND that says it all folks. So not matter how you may feel, GOD’s got you, and HE is and has been there all along. You cannot shake HIM off, HE is with you. Once you accept HIM, you GOT him and HE has you.
NOW…. Have you accepted him? What do you have to lose? Who has your back? Open up and accept JESUS in and HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU. There is no-one in the world who will and can keep that promise.
1/25/2015 02:01:15 am
Leave a Reply.